The second installment of my building blocks of a well curated wardrobe is all about the white blouse. I’m sure it’s sounding a bit dull to you at the moment, but I assure you it is anything but that. The white blouse is a very versatile piece. It can be worn in a traditional setting tucked into skinny pants or a pencil skirt, or can be worn in a more casual way with jeans or shorts/jorts. In my quick search I found white blouses everywhere – high to low.
Here are a few things to consider when buying a white blouse.
1. See through or not? I’m not biased either way as long as you can’t see everything through it. Just go with what you are comfortable with.
2. In terms of the shape and cut of the blouse I would go with a more relaxed look. Nothing too disheveled looking, but nothing too rigid either.
3. When looking for a blouse make sure it’s long enough to tuck in easily, but not too long where it looks like a dress.
4. Just like the blazer make sure you look at the hardware – buttons, etc. If it looks cheap, don’t buy it.
5. Fabric quality is as important here as well. Make sure it’s easy to wash, it is white after all.